To date, there have been no suspected or probable cases of Avian influenza found in NWT birds or people.
The NWT Office of the Chief Public Health Officer has prepared information sheets on the following topics:
- Fact Sheet #1: Health Information
- Fact Sheet #2: Information for Physicians and Health Care Workers
- Fact Sheet #3: NWT Surveillance
- Fact Sheet #4: Frequently Asked Questions
If you have additional questions that are not addressed by the above-mentioned online resources, please contact:
- for questions about health, your local community health centre or public health unit; or
- for questions relating to wildlife or surveillance, contact the Department of Environment and Natural Resources at (867) 920-8064.
The Public Health Agency of Canada posts information about Avian Influenza on their website. For the latest information about Avian Influenza, visit their website:
In addition, the Public Health Agency of Canada has set up a 1-800-454-8302 toll-free telephone line to answer general questions.