Lost Your NWT Health Card

If you lost your health care card, you can ask for a replacement card by contacting Health Services Administration. To serve you better, please provide the following information:

  • Full Name
  • Mailing Address
  • Phone Number
  • Birth Date
  • Personal Health Care Number

Note that upon receipt of request, it can take between 4-6 weeks for you to receive your replacement card.

You can still receive insured hospital and physician services as your health care card number will remain the same. Give your health care card number to the receptionist and they can check their system.  If you are travelling outside of the NWT, contact Health Services Administration prior to leaving. They will give you a temporary document that you can take with you. The document will provide confirmation that you are eligible for NWT health care coverage until you receive your replacement card in the mail. This will ensure that you receive insured hospital or physician services without having to pay up front.

If you do not have your health care card or the temporary document, the province or territory that you are visiting may require you to pay personally when you receive the services. You will then be required to request reimbursement from Health Services Administration.