- Requirements for application for Dental License in the Northwest Territories (PDF)
- Reference form for Dentists applying for Dental Licensure in the NWT (PDF)
- Application To Practice Dentistry – Northwest Territories (PDF)
Certificate of Standing
Applying for dental licence
When applying for a dental licence in the NWT, a Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction in which the dentist has practiced is required. The certificate must be:
- issued within the previous six months as evidenced by a date; and
- sent directly to the Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing from the issuing registering authority. The certificate can be faxed, but the original must also be mailed.
Requesting a Certificate of Standing from Professional Licensing Registrar to other Registering authorities
The professional licensing Registrar will issue a Certificate of Standing if the request for a certificate is made in writing to the Registrar, with the required payment.
Scope of Practice
There is no defined scope of practice for dentists.
Membership is voluntary.
For more information, contact:
NWT/NU Dental Association
Attn: Executive Director
PO BOX 46817
Vancouver, BC, V6J 5M4
Toll Free Fax: 1-877-389-6876