Health Care Card

Health Care Card


Each NWT resident enrolled with the NWT Health Care Plan is given a Health Care Card with a personal health number. This number remains the same, regardless of any changes to personal status. Keep this card with you to receive health care benefits, otherwise your physician or other health care provider must verify that you are enrolled with the NWT Health Care Plan.

To ensure your coverage is maintained, notify Health Services Administration if:

  • you lose your card;
  • your name or address changes;
  • you move out of the NWT; or
  • if you are outside of the NWT for more than three months due to medical reasons, studies, or work.

Is your Health Care Card Expiring? Click on the following links for more information: