- Requirements and Application Package for a Medical Licence in the NWT (PDF)
- Reference form for Physicians applying for medical licensure in the NWT (PDF)
Request to share NWT application documents with Nunavut:
Certificate of Standing
Applying for medical licence
When applying for a medical licence in the NWT, a Certificate of Standing from each jurisdiction in which the practitioner has practiced is required. The certificate must be:
- issued within the previous six months as evidenced by a date; and
- sent directly to the Office of the Registrar, Professional Licensing from the issuing registering authority. Faxed copies are accepted. However, the original must be mailed directly from the issuing authority.
Requesting a Certificate of Standing from Professional Licensing Registrar to other Registering authorities
The professional licensing Registrar will issue a Certificate of Standing if the request for a certificate is made in writing to the Registrar, with the required payment.
- Medical Profession Act (PDF)
Scope of Practice
There is no defined scope of practice for physicians.
Membership is voluntary.
For more information, contact:
NWT Medical Association
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P8
Phone: (867) 920-4575
Fax: (867) 920-4575