Make an Appointment

If you have an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) or extended health benefits through your employer you need to fully use those services before making an appointment with counsellors at Community Mental Health and Adult Services. Requests for counselling services can be made by:

  • Self referral - contact the Central Intake Counsellor at (867) 767-9110.
  • A medical practitioner such as a physician or nurse practitioner
  • Outpatient Psychiatric Services 
  • Child and Family Services, YHSSA
  • A community support agency  such as the Tree of Peace Friendship Centre

Same Day counselling services are offered at the Yellowknife Primary Care Centre and Frame Lake Community Health Clinic.  Appointments are on a first come first serve basis.